+ When a commercial property damage event happens, should I call my insurance first?

Your insurance company prefers you call a commercial restoration company like Cotton GDS to begin water cleanup and fix your water damage as quickly as possible. If possible, turn off any water valves you can access.

Call a plumber to fix the leak, if applicable, but the faster our crews arrive, the more damage we can help prevent in your commercial property. You should still call your insurance company, but don't wait for an adjuster to arrive before beginning water damage mitigation. If you plan to file a claim, they’ll need an assessment of the damage and restoration estimate. Calling Cotton GDS speeds up the process.